We accept articles, based on the default IOP Conferences template.
An article should have no more than 6 pages. Paper language should be English.
Templates and guidelines
- Please follow these essential guidelines when preparing your paper:
Basic guidelines for preparing a paper
Guidelines for preparing reference lists
- Authors must prepare their papers using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission:
Microsoft Word templates
LaTeX2e class file
- If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful:
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
Important: please read before you submit a paper
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence. The licence terms and conditions are available online.